Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

There is an "np" indicator code tht appears that appears on

Customer Question
Larry there is an "np"...
Larry there is an "np" indicator code tht appears that appears on my Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer. What does it mean
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2015
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Is it NP or ND that is coming up on the display?

Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

MAH8700AWW Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer
serial no: 10980353GGNP Code Illuminated plus spin and rinse cycle does not work properly ( water still in tube)

This unit does not have a NP error code it has a nd and a nF .

and nothing at all that ends in the letter P

Are you 100% it is NP?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello do you still need help? I am a different tech

Are you sure it is not the nd or the NF?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nd" code appears I apologize plus the previous issues i referred to in the spin and rinse cycle
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago

are you still in need of assistance?

Ok the nd is for no drain

When the unit should be draining can you hear the drain pump running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but very little water coming out of hose . also spin cycle does nit work so excessvie water in tube

if the water is still in the washer the the unit will not go into a spin mode.

You will have to pull the unit out and get behind it and open the rear inspection cover to look at the pump .

I suspect you ether have a damaged pump or something stuck in the pump / hoses.

Do you still need assistance with your question?

John, Home Appliance Technician