Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I also have a kitchen aid superb and used the self clean

Customer Question

hi. I also have a kitchen aid superb and used the self clean option and now am getting the F5EI message. The on is now cool. The automatic control lock feature works and so I've been able to open the door. I have turned the power off overnight. I'm considering trying the self clean option for 60 seconds, but don't want to get trapped in that cycle. Ideas? I appreciate it. My son's senior class is coming to our house tonight...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F5 E1 means that your door latch assembly has failed, that is the reason this issue occurred during self clean. There isn't much you can do but to order and replace the door latch to fix this issue so below is a link to the door latch you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for door latch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.