Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE trinton xl, will only suppy water in the rinse cycle.

Customer Question

My GE trinton xl , will only suppy water in the rinse cycle. I installed a new water inlet valve, but still only supplies water on rinse cycle ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you only get water during rinse and not during the initial wash, you have a bad control board/timer (depending on if your model number uses a physical time knob that you twist to select the cycle, or a control board with buttons to select the cycle). Either way, the timer/board would need to be replaced to resolve this issue. It's the only part that can cause it to fill in one cycle but not another.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have a timer knob ,each selection is push on whatever use u want then select start
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then as I said before, that means you have a control board which would need to be replaced. You'll need the full model to look up the part and that is located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How difficult is it to replace that and also around how much does it cost?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That depends on the model number but usually it's about $150-200 for the part and if you're handy it takes about 20-30 minutes to replace.