Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE profile electric oven The upper gave an F2 code

Customer Question
I have a GE profile...
I have a GE profile electric oven The upper gave an F2 code pulled the unit out checked the temperature probe resistance 1195 ohms seems normal but I noticed the power cord where they are Red black-and-white have some melting around it maybe this is just The result of the high temperature and not the cause Is it control board
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/11/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So first, 1195 is quite high. It's almost 10% high, but it shouldn't be enough to cause an F2 error, just for the temperature to be off. Either way, the power cord wouldn't have anything to do with this error even if it were an issue. If the oven sensor reads 1195 and the wiring between the board and sensor check good, then the only thing that can cause the problem is the control board itself and the control board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you I will order a control board and probably a sensor while I'm at it but the model number stickers have been peeled off my oven is there any other way to tell the model number

If the stickers are gone then there is no way to know, but you can bring in your oven control board to a parts store and they can usually pull up a number off the board to find a replacement board. Also if you bring the sensor they can usually match it up as well.

Thank you

Not a problem and good luck! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc