Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Panasonic Microwave Model NN-SN968 InverterW H98

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic Microwave Model NN-SN968 InverterW
H98 has come up in the display window. WE are located in North Vancouver BC
Do we need a service centre If so can you recommend one??
Otherwise can you give us information on how we can best fix it
Thank you very much
Don at***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

H98 can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up.

If you bring the unit into a service center, it would cost over $250 easily to fix the issue so it would probably be better to just replace the microwave if you couldn't fix it yourself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.