Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Microwave has power, lights, etc, but stopped cooking!

Customer Question

microwave has power, lights, etc, but stopped cooking! andything that I can do? its the KB6014ls- microwave in a drawer
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately that is not good news, when a microwave runs but does not heat, its not a fuse or door switch, you have burned out diode or bad magnetron or both. Warning: The microwave oven can store a lethal amount of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. Due to the high running voltage and the potential for electric shock, it is extremely dangerous to replace the electronic components in a microwave. Only a licensed technician should replace the magnetron.

please take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

support!.