Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire stacked w/d unit that won't spin spin

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire stacked...
I have a frigidaire stacked w/d unit that won't spin for the spin cycle (pump still works) and it won't fill up either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok if it does drain but not fill up are you getting voltage to the water inlets valve?

And when the unit should be spinning does the drive motor even run ?

1st q: I don't know
2nd q: the drive motor doesn't run
Before the agitator starts when it should b filling there is a clicking sound

ok do you have a volt ohm meter to be able to do any testing ?

And are you sure that the unit even agitates?

I do and I ran it through the cycles and those are the only two things that are amiss that I can tell

ok so then you will need to start any cycle and when it should be filling with water test the leads on the water inlet valve to see if the valve is getting voltage or not!

And so I assume you mean it does in fact agitate is that correct?

But I'm not at the unit at the moment.
Correct

ok so then it is going to be rather hard for me to assist you if you can not do any testing!!

Damn
Just wasted both our time and 40 bucks

I can guess that if you are not getting water it may be the water inlet valve ,but does it not give you water no matter what water temperature she chooses?

You have not wasted anything yet 1

But you will need to be able to do some testing for me to assist you .

Unless you just want me to guess what is wrong with the appliance?

Sorrydon't have that answer

are you able to do any testing if you were with the appliance?

ok so once you get in front of the unit and have tested the voltage for the water inlet valve , until then Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!

I had to go back to the office right after we started this conversation so it will be tomorrow before I get back to you

no problem I online on Just Answer from 10:30 am till 5 pm EST Mon -Friday

Alright Woody I'm ready if you are. Let's see if we can fix this thing before I go to work.

Ok if you open and close the lid can you hear the lid switch clicking? the neutral for the washer water valves go through the lid switch it appears .

At the very start of the wash cycle when it should be filling up the dial is making a rapid clicking sound If you turn the dial to a shorter wash cycle the agitator starts turning

ok in what would be the fill cycle you need to test for voltage on the water inlet valve blue to black /red and then yellow to black /red looking for 120 volts A/c

John, Home Appliance Technician