How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Medic Your Own Question
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10831
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Medic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are trying to replace part number wh38x21094 on washer

Customer Question

We are trying to replace part number wh38x21094 on washer mod# ***** Is there a special tool that is required for this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you need a spanner wrench to replace the wh38x21094. The spanner nut is inside the washer under the agitator. The the agitator and inner basket need to be removed first. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried every spanner wrench possible and it does not fit down on the nut. My tech says that we need an extra deep 1 3/8" socket (not even a deep well socket would work). Any suggestions?