Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

I have a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher that was installed in

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher that was installed in 2011. It seems to run fine but despite what cycle I use, the silverware does not dry completely. The manual suggests I try a rinse agent, but I wonder if it might be a mechanical issue.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. With the newer dishwashers, you must use Jet Dry or the dishes will not dry properly. Here is how to check the heating element. Wait for the dishwasher to go to the drying cycle. Open the door and splash some water over the element to see it the water steams away. This is the simplest way. The element can also be tested with a amp meter. Please get me your dishwasher model number if you would like further advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll bought the rinse agent and will also try the splash test.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.