Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

How do i unlock front load washing machine. Only light that

Customer Question

How do i unlock front load washing machine . Only light that is on is the door locked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. To unlock the door lock you will need to access the bottom of the door lock. You need to remove the top of the machine. To remove the top there are 3 screws in the back of the top that will need to be removed. Once the screws are removed, the top should slide back and off the machine. You will need to reach down the right side or the machine and pull the tab below the door lock. If your washer has a removable lower front panel, you can remove the 3 screws under the lower front panel located below the door panel and access the door lock threw the bottom. The most common issue for a stuck door lock is a no drain. There is a cleanout located with the drain pump. Once you open the cleanout, there will be a lot of water coming out. Be prepared with a wet dry vac and plenty of towels. Make Sure The Unit Is Unplugged From The Electrical Wall Outlet.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much . Thanks for the reply

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I will be happy to help you out.