MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My Whirlpool double wall ovens register 177 degrees when I

Customer Question

My Whirlpool double wall ovens register 177 degrees when I turn them on. I reset temp for what I want, and it beeps and goes back to 177. I turned the breaker off and back on hoping to reset but same thing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The problem here is most likley within the control board that the display is on, but the part is quite expensive at $300. IF you want to attempt to repair this yourself then be sure to buy parts from a vendor that allows returns so you are not stuck with something expensive that you don't need. Repairclinic.com is one such vendor. Your problem is not common, so it may have to be solved by replacing parts as there is no diagnostic test that can pinpoint what is failing here to cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out myself. For some reason it had reset itself to Celsius. My manual told me what to do.