Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How hard is it to change the vent from rear to side

Customer Question

how hard is it to change the vent from rear to side for newish whirlpool dryer
?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is able to be changed, it will not be difficult. There is a kit available for most.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WED87HEDC0 - purchased last year -- has those little covers over holes on the side -- also can i do it without a kit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That one can be changed, yes. Sure, you can do it without a kit, you will need a 90* 4" elbow, some sealing tape (aluminum preferred) and some 4" rigid pipe that can be cut to length. You will need to access the inside of the dryer by removing the top, followed by the control panel, followed by the entire front panel. I have actually side vented them by accessing through the holes only but it is difficult. If you decide to go with a kit, one is available and comes with everything you need.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!