Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Kenmore HE 5 T front load washer model #

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore HE 5 T front load washer model # ***** . I need the washer basket spider. The bearings seized on the spindle. I have the bearings off the spindle and bought new bearings , but the spindle is worn. I took the spider off the basket. Now I need a new spider. There has to be a way to get just the spider without having to buy the basket too Got any ideas ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. As far as getting a new spider it is not possible without getting the inner drum. That is the only way it is supplied. The only way to get one will be from an appliance dealer that gets a trade in they are not going to repair or at a recycling yard. Getting a complete inner drum as you know is very expensive. Sorry there was not better news on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would a machine shop be able to turn the spindle on a lathe to remove some material and put a bushing over the turned area ?

That may be possible if the price is not too high and as long as it doesn't crack.