Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Side by side that is three years old. Recently

Customer Question

I have a Side by side that is three years old. Recently moved it to another location but forgot what to set the freezer at temperature wise. Electronic reading shows 0 through 5 with 0 being colder I currently have it at 5 but it keeps ice cream a little soft. Turning it to 3 or 4 it creates frost inside it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

3 is supposed to be the setting the freezer is on but if you're getting frost build up inside it means that it's getting too cold. You'll have to find somewhere between 5 and 3. If you have a thermostat you can put inside, the freezer should be at 0 degrees so you can adjust accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Owners manual was no help. Under the Temp control for freezer it says 0 is ideal so that is what I originally set it at but looked at it again when frost started and realized it meant 0 degrees not the setting Will try what you recommended
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Aye, they just worded it incorrectly. They meant to say that 0ºF is ideal, not the setting.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.