How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 80218
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a KitchenAid Cooktop, Model KECC566RBL00, Serial #

Customer Question

Have a KitchenAid Cooktop, Model KECC566RBL00, Serial # ***** purchased and installed 2006. (Glass top)
Large element which has choice of three sizes only work on HIGH. Question - Can this be repaired b replacement or what. Need help to determine what options I have.
Betty Ingram (###) ###-####(###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the burner only works on high, it means that the burner switch itself under the cooktop will need to be ordered and replaced. This is the part that your knob itself attaches to which you turn to adjust the temperature of the burner under the cooktop. You'll need to uninstall the entire cooktop and remove all the screws under the glass top around the border to pull the glass top up and off so you can replace the part if you're handy enough to do that. There really isn't a reason to replace the cooktop for this issue, but it will probably cost about $250 to have a technician come and replace the part with part, trip, and labor if you have someone repair it for you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I can't tell which switch you need because the breakdown diagram is terrible. You'll need either part 7, 7A, 7B, or 7C on the diagram in the link below. You will need to call them directly to see which one you need however.

CLICK HERE for switch