Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Tyler, I lost the cpnenction. I wrote about how to get the

Customer Question

Tyler, I lost the cpnenction. I wrote about how to get the spring and push button back onto the ice bucket on my whirlpool side by side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Place the spring on the shaft and with the ice bucket flipped over and with the front of the bucket facing you just like in the pictures there will be the thinner slot on the left and place the slide down into the grove and hold the spring to the left as far as you can. The spring will be on the left hand side of the skinny slot and then pressing down as in the picture slide to the left. You may need to flex up in the middle of the slide to clear the clip, circled on your picture. It should slide over and snap into place.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks