Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a kitchenaid dishwasher and it does nothing when I push

Customer Question

have a kitchenaid dishwasher and it does nothing when I push start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dishwasher does nothing when you press start, either the door latch has failed, or the start button itself has failed and the entire touch control pad will need to be replaced. To know which one is faulty, just turn the dishwasher off so no light are illuminated at all. Then press start and see if the lights on the control panel illuminate. If not, then you need to order and replace the touchpad. If the lights turn on when you press the start button, order and replace the door latch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but when you do a rebot it goes through all the cycles if door latch was bad it would not rebot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You're correct, the door latch wouldn't reset by resetting the power---you never said it did that. If it resets when you reset the power then you have a bad control board. The control board would need to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?