Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a front load dryer. that will not start. the door is

Customer Question

we have a front load dryer. that will not start. the door is shut. I Have reset the circuit breaker to be sure. The power light comes on and also the start light come on and nothing. After a short time a code F01 show up can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately F01 is a very straight forward error and it means that your relay control board has failed and will need to be replaced. The relay control board is mounted to the left side wall above the dryer drum. To access the part, just pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Then remove the screws going in through the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. That gives you access to the board so you can replace it. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker inside the door way to look up the part number you need for your model, but the part is usually about $200 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?