Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Working on Whirlpool Duet dryer. F19 message. I'm planning

Customer Question

Working on Whirlpool Duet dryer. F19 message.
I'm planning on replacing the fuse again as I have an extra one. What else should I look at? I just read about the heating element being grounded. any truth to that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, you will want to check for a grounded heating element. To do this, unplug the dryer and disconnect the 2 wires going to the heating element. Test continuity from each element terminal to the outer shell of the heating canister. If you have and continuity, then you need to replace the element. Other than that, make sure the vent through the house isn't partially clogged. And if that all checks good, you're down to a bad thermistor or control board which you already replaced so I wouldn't expect those things to be an issue anymore.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?