Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag MSD2756GEB side by side 14 years old. My problem is

Customer Question
Maytag MSD2756GEB side by side...
Maytag MSD2756GEB side by side 14 years old . My problem is water leaks from the freezer door GASKET . then drips on to the floor .If the water line is creaked, where is the electric water valve in the circuit.? Is it behind the button on the freezer door, or by the compressor near the floor? I say this because I may just disconnect the water to the door
because of the age and we don't need water there , the ice works perfectly . Please help if u can.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/4/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The door gasket has no water in it ,can you tell me where the water is coming from ? possibly in the rear of the freezer ,then filling the freezer floor and then coming out the door, or a water line in the door.

more info... well,. OK, yesterday I shut off the water supply and over nite , it stopped dripping . by the way, its coming from the lower rt. Connor of the freezer door. I thought I would just shut off the water supply to the water dispenser and solve the problem that way and get water from the sink faucet. like I said the ice cube service works perfectly

Ok does it drip when the water was turned on and you had not used the chilled water?

Ok the only time any water tube in the door will have any pressure init at all is only when the chilled water is called for .

And that is turned on /off by the water inlet valve in the rear of the unit.

So if you have not called for chilled water the line would not be under pressure .

And once the chilled water is no longer being called for the water in the line is not under any pressure.

Have you made sure the water is not coming from under the unit and coming out in front of the unit?

Sense we have unstopped the drain yesterday and turned the water back on , today, there has been no leak. maybe I jumped to quick. By the way , thanks for the line pressure info that helped.
tell me this what would a circuit board for the water/dispenser control cost. there are two of them back to back and one is burnt but all is working

The dispenser only has one control board in the door .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00044457/680/900

Item #12 which other part are you calling a control board?

John, Home Appliance Technician