John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool Duet washer Model Wfw9550ww00 Found out Customer

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet washer Model Wfw9550ww00 Found out Customer worked on machine before I got there and replaced the water pressure switch. This is after I found a burned out mcu and replaced it.. Washer still doesnt fill with water when start is pressed on
any cycle. Door locks and lights stay on but doesn't start cycle.. Error codes are f35 & f64 Got washer to fill in diagnosis mode when c0 is displayed but after it fills it doesn't precede through cycle. When cancel is pressed door light will start flashing
for about five minutes and then the door will unlock and washer will shut down. This is a tough one considering customer messed with it before I got there. A new mcu usually fixes it in my experience. Water definitely got to the mcu Thanks for your help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Now the MCU is the motor control it has nothing to do with the water coming into the unit!

Are you sure you mean the MCU ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mcu located at the left bottom had burned up solder joints caused by water from the soap dispenser.
I don't typically see this board go bad as well as the ccu.

The CCU is the only thing that controls voltage to the water inlet valves .

By chance did you ohm out the water inlet valves to see if they were good or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but in diagnosis mode I can get it to fill.. Maybe one side of the valve is bad? Didn't think of that. I'll check, thanks

It could be the valve ,but if the valves are good .and it will still not fill in a automatic mode ,and ONLY in a manual mode I would replace the CCU .