Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch Nexxt series 300 washing machine and need to

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Nexxt series 300 washing machine and need to track down which door boot part to order for replacement. The model number sticker is all worn off. It was bought new with a Nexxt 500 series dryer, model number WTMC3321US/05 in approximately 2008. Is there any way to figure out the model number of the washer from that and order the appropriate door seal boot? It looks like they made two different ones and it depends on the model/serial which one to get.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the Nexxt 300 series has 2 rubber door boots which were split by a serial number. Without the serial number you won't know which one you need, but the options are part number 00667487 if the serial starts with FD8503 or earlier, and part number 00667489 if the serial starts with FD8504 and later. You don't have the sticker to know the serial break so you may just have to order one and see if it works and if not then return it and order the other one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's the information I already had gotten from Bosch (and had said in my original question that I knew there were two part numbers). Guess I'm back to square 1.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There was no mention of these parts in your question.

QUOTE:

I'm not sure how that puts you back at square one. You just order the parts and return the one you don't need. There are only 2 options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like they made two different ones and it depends on the model/serial which one to get."This was in my original question. If I install the wrong one first and try to return it, chances are I won't get refunded. Sorry, but I'm not risking $100+ in parts on this machine. I appreciate your time for trying, but this isn't really an answer to my question. Will continue to search for more conclusive evidence of which one I need based on the year it was purchased rather than a pure guess.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to every know without that sticker as to which of the 2 boots you need. It's a serial break. There are NO other options since the sticker is worn off.