Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Water is not coming on

Customer Question
water is not coming on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/3/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good Evening! If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer, the control board, or your float switch is stuck in the up position. It sounds like you've checked the float switch already so if the switch checks good we can move onto the valve or the control board. Remove the kick panel below the door and look under the dishwasher and if you don't see any wires unplugged then you will likely need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad. If you don't get 120 volts, then you need a new control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc