How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 80215
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to remove the back panel, I think,to get to the drain

Customer Question

I need to remove the back panel, I think,to get to the drain tube. Every 3 or 4 days there is a puddle of water spilling out of refrigerator. After research and turning off water supply, I believe this is from condensation. The drain tube must be clogged. Do I removed the back panel inside to get to tube or the back one? If it is inside, how to remove rubber gaskets on both sides of panel. Screws are out along with shelves and lights. Can you help?
I have a GE Model # ***** SS
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are exactly right. You must remove the entire lower back access panel inside the freezer to access the drain. You don't remove the rubber gaskets, they just come with the back panel when you unscrew all the side support rails and remove the screws going into the lower back panel. Then you just grab the panel and pull it forward and the gaskets will come with the panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?