Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm cleaning my Maytag oven when a beep came on and the

Customer Question

Hi I'm cleaning my Maytag oven when a beep came on and the letters FS appeared..what does that mean???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

What you see on the screen is actually an F5, not an FS. This error means that the door latch isn't working properly. If you can open the door still you can try to wiggle the latch in case it's just hung up, but other than that the door latch would need to be replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?