John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My new ( 1 month old ) LG 3 door #LFXS24662B refrigerator

Customer Question

My new ( 1 month old ) LG 3 door #LFXS24662B refrigerator makes a loud grinding noise several time per day. The technician has been out twice and can't seem to find the problem. I noticed on line complaints about this very problem but no one seem to know why it happens. Can't LG find or fix this obvious flaw in their units? The noise last anywhere from 10 seconds to 25 seconds and when we open the doors it still doesn't stop the noise. The service man has checked the motherboard and all the fans with no effect on the problem. Please let me know if you have an answer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

If you shut the icemaker off does it do it?