Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Washer. Model number is MHW4100DWO. My

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Maytag...
Hi, I have a Maytag Washer. Model number is ***** My washer was unhooked because I got a new floor. They hooked it back up but didn't turn the water back on. I didn't realize it and started a load of wash. I got two error codes. F08 and E01. Saying to check the water supply. I turned the water on but the machine isn't turning on. The motor comes on but the power button and start button won't work and the dryer is locked and I can't get my clothes out. I think the computer needs to be reset. Can you help me with that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

Have you tried to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in to reset the computer?

The motor stays on if it is plugged in. But the button lights don't come on expect door lock blinks.

OK can you remove the top to the unit?

I don't think so.

Well to unlock it you will need to slide it out and remove the back three screws along the back top edge the top will slide straight back and lift off, then you can reach down to the bottom of the door latch and grab the release and push/pull it straight down to open the door.

Then it will reset?

Yes very likely it will leave it unplugged while doing that and it should work afterwards

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I got the door released but none of the panel lights came on. When I plug it in the motor runs.

SO nothing will light up at all now? IS the unit full of water?

Nothing will light up. It doesn't have any water.

Once sec let me pull up something BRB

Ok try this

.

Select any three (3) buttons (except

POWER) and follow the steps below, using

the same buttons. Remember the buttons

and the order that the buttons were pressed.

Within 8 seconds,

Press and Release the

1st

selected button,

Press and Release the

2nd

selected button,

Press and Release the

3rd

selected button;

Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times

It didn't work. Still no lights.

OK then either the CCU board is bad or you have a power issue to the unit can you try a different outlet or confirm that one has power?

I have power because the motor runs,

Which motor runs?

The washer makes noise like it is running when plugged in.

Ok can you remove the top on the unit?

What needs to be done after the top unit is removed?

Just remove the back 3 screws along the top edge and slide the top straight back and lift it off.

What do you do after the top is off?

Ok get the top off and remove the rubber tube from the pressure switch can you do that?

test
Is it the blue hose or the black hose? The one on the left or right?
The blue hose is off. The one on the left.
Now what do we do?

Remove the black hose off to the right the small 1/4" black tube. If it does not come on you need a new CCU board.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician