MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Original problem - Thermador rangetop PCG364ED /01 Three

Customer Question

Original problem - Thermador rangetop PCG364ED /01 Three to... Thermador rangetop PCG364ED /01 Three to four months ago the blue indicator light would flicker and stay dimly lit even when the range was turned off, and the burners worked fine. Last night,
I heard 2 electrical "pops" within 2 minutes to find out that the 2 burners on the LH side would not light, no gas/no spark. I unplugged the unit, but the 2 RH burners can be lit manually. I removed the covers to expose the wiring and cannot visually locate
any burnt switches or modules. Please help - thanks I replaced the potentiometer as suggested by "Appliance Medic" Now I don't get spark or gas from the 2 burners on the LH side. Please help - thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The simmer control board needs to be replaced here to fix the issue. The switches you replaced are probably ok so keep them as spares.