Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice maker water feed tray froze up.How do I fix?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the water line/fill tube going to the icemaker is frozen, just use a hair dryer and thaw out the tube going to the icemaker. You can know if it's still frozen by disconnecting the water line down by the electronic water valve and blowing through it to make sure it's clear. This is probably one of the more common issues that happens for icemaker so if it comes back, either your water pressure is too low coming from the house, or the electronic water valve isn't sealing up properly and it's allowing it to drip through slowly and freeze so you'll need to replace the valve on the house itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?