Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a bki deep fryer. has worked great. this morning i

Customer Question

i have a bki deep fryer. has worked great. this morning i turn it on. as soon as it gets to temp it shuts off. it is an electric fryer. cools down can turn it on again but it will repeat the same problem. any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon, I am Kevin. Do you have the entire model # ***** that I could look up the safety controls on this fryer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FKM-F
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the model number listed on the machine
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to need to look over these schematics and I need to run to the store, so I will open it up maybe someone can get to you quicker than I...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks anyway
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly. If another tech tries to post to you please only deal with me as this confuses the issue and further I receive no credit then for assisting....just kindly ask the other tech to leave and deal directly with me thanks!

I am a different tech...does the whole unit shut down? Also does it reach the set temp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the complete unit shuts down. I think it gets to temp then shuts down. If I try again after a cool down of fifteen minutes it starts but shuts down again. Finally it did stay on and I could cool with it.y wife said did same thing yesterday.

OK it is likely tripping off on the high limit, if the high limit is bad on the unit it will cause the unit to shut down, then when it resets after cooling down you can use it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find the high limit on my unit? And can that act intermittently

Well normally you would have to reset the high limit so if it is auto resetting, try this when it stops heating do this and see if it will start heating again

Press and hold the Toggle/Clear

button while moving the

FRY/OFF/FILTER switch from

FRY to OFF and back to FRY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what the toggle/clear button is. i have alarm off and start/stop. there is no way to clear that i know of.