Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer model #WTW4950XW2 which keeps on

Customer Question
sensing cycle but won't fill...
I have a whirlpool washer model #WTW4950XW2 which keeps on sensing cycle but won't fill or run any of the cycles. Have replaced main board and reset diagnostics. Lid latches any other ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2015
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

If it's not filling then either the water inlet valve or pressure switch are faulty and needs replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I tested this through the manual test mode on checking the diagnostics prior to replacing the main control and tub filled and ran cycles but wouldn't when attempting to do check by running a wash cycle. I currently have hooked up to extension cord and only both lines on cold garden hoses due to in garage can this mess with the cycles as not wanting to move into house until I know it will work.

That shouldnt have anything to do with it. Are you sure you are getting good water supply in the house?

Yup even when lower water response washer should fill some was just thinking maybe a diagnostic code I may have missed.

Did you get any error codes when in diagnostics?

Or even with just cold hose on full pressure and washer on cold cycle it should still fill. Error code comes back with door latch but it is latching and definitely locked so code hasn't come up accurate.

Maybe just part of the latch is working, this has known to happen. If you are getting that code I would go ahead and replace the door lock and go from there.

Thanks but don't believe that is the issue either as again worked in manual test and went through all the cycles. If I have to replace all the components just to test it I would be better off buying new. Thanks for your time.

Not a problem.

AppTech8579
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician