Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a may tag dishwasher and when I shut the door the

Customer Question
Hello I have a may...
Hello I have a may tag dishwasher and when I shut the door the drain light comes on and starts draining but there is no water in the dishwasher, and when I open the door it stops but then like 5 to 10 seconds later the drain light will com on, so I thought it was the float sencor and it was not , so what do you think, thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/31/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This does not sound like a thermostat issue, if you are unsure you can jumper connect the RED (RH) wire to the WHITE (W) wire and see if it stays on longer. If it is only running for two minutes make sure the air filter is good and clean. If it still goes out that quick you may have an issue with the unit itself and would want to get it checked out under warranty. However you could see if any error codes start to flash or show on the board in the furnace as well just to see if the unit is detecting any problem.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician