Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Kenmore Elite refrigerator shows a PF code on the front

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite refrigerator shows a PF code on the front panel after a power interruption. The reset button does not work nor do any of the functions on the front panel. It also beeps about every 30 minutes. I tried unplugging for 5 minutes with no luck. I replaced the main circuit board based on information found online, yet the problem still exists. Any help would be appreciated. Model number 106.57706701. Manufacture date 06/2007.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Which board did you replace? Do you have the part number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
main control board(###) ###-####

This is the one you need to fix it, that is in the dispenser area, this is commonly misdiagnosed

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you. I purchased the part which will arrive November 9th. I will let you know the outcome.

Ok COOL and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will gladly rate this service once I have had a chance to implement your recommendation.

Thanks

Us techs only receive a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star rating is chosen. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will. Thanks.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the board that you recommended. I still have the same problem. PF showing and will not reset. Beeps about every 20 minutes. I have now replaced both boards to the tune of 400 dollars. What now?

Other than a wire harness issue, not sure what would be causing that. Let me see if anyone else has an idea

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for this to happen if the battery is dead on the board? What about the board on the front that control the switches for ice and water. I have replaced everything else. This all happened after a Power Failure.