John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

There is water in the in-door (French doors over freezer)

Customer Question

There is water in the in-door (French doors over freezer) ice maker but it isn't freezing. Have continually reduced temp on freezer from 0 to -1, then -2, then -3. Still not freezing. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I am here to help answer your question. Please give me your model number so I can determine which French door model you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refrigerator is PFCF1RKZA BB. The icemaker is in left door and is an Artica Ice 200D1181G062 / WR30X10160 / Model Can37.

Your refrigerator has 2 fan motors in the freezer. 1 fan motor ids to cool the refrigerator and freezer and the other fan motor is for the ice room. You will need to remove the freezer drawer and remove the rear panel in the freezer. Make sure the refrigerator is unplugged. The ice room fan is on the right side behind the freezer panel. The fan is most likely stuck with ice or bad.