Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Caloric gas range makes a continuous clicking sound when…

My Caloric gas range makes...
My Caloric gas range makes a continuous clicking sound when I turn on the oven, and doesn't stop making the clicking for the whole duration of having the oven on. Upon investigation (by lifting the cover on the burners) I found that the clicking sound is being produced by the continuous sparking on the sparking mechanisms on the 2 (right-side) stovetop burners of the gas range.
Does there need to be some carbon cleaned off somewhere.....or will a new part be needed to fix the problem? (The oven heats fine). I know that some parts aren't available anymore. What do you think is the problem......and what can be done to fix it?
10/30/2015
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

One of the burner switches that activates the spark module is stuck close. There are switches on each burner that activate the spark module for the burners to light, one is stuck closed, you can remove a wire from each one until it stops to locate the bad one and try to clean it to get it working again.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I don't know how to get inside my range as the top of the range doesn't seem to want to lift up. I did notice that the little white (porcelain ?) holder for the needle-like projection that helps light the burner.....(part of it) has been broken off. and the needle-like part is no longer in a straight back position......Instead it wanders off at an angle, and won't stay aright (straight back).
Could this be part of the problem? Would that(porcelain) part need to be replaced? Are those available....Where could I find one? Are they expensive?
I assume that your reply on this same topic will be covered by the charge that was charged for original question. Correct?

The issue is nothing is really available for this unit the electrodes nor the switches or burner valves, there is hardly anything you can get for it so I do not think you will be able to repair the unit as this is going to be very hard to find even used parts for.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician