Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Miele dishwasher is stuck and won't continue cycle - -

Customer Question
the intake/drain light is blinking...
my Miele dishwasher is stuck and won't continue cycle - - the intake/drain light is blinking red. It is the Optima series. I checked the drain in the bottom of the unit; I checked to see if anything was blocking the twirling thing and it still won't keep going. What should I do next? There is a white circle cap on the left side of the inside - is that something?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
I turned it on as I always do normal cycle and it just paused with this red light intake/drain button blinking. It had worked fine and run thru cycles normally until right now...
10/30/2015
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago
bruce peterson

There is a problem with the impellar it is either seized up and needs replaced or just needs to be worked loose. There is a fork tool you can purchase from meile or you can make a tool to try and free up impellar

sorry I am just a non-tech, non appliance expert - what the heck is an impellar What "tool" - what does it loo look like and what would I do if I had it. where is the intake /drain thing? This should be an obvious answer
don't use up my payment with fancy terms and no solution or explanation that I can act upon
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Calm down I'm here to help you. I will help until you understand. You need to open dishwasher and there is a silver plate in bottom with a lever on it you need to turn it and pull that plate out. Now you will see into drain and look inside there is a opening you need to stick a fork into hole and move it back and forth a few times then put cover back on same way you took it off then close door and start cycle.

I took cover off, there is a apx 3" white thing in the bottom and a silver "pipe"? apx 3/8 " wide and apx 1" sticking out. Which hole are you referring to?
I don't know if you want me to pry off the 3" disk?? I am worried I will damage it and then have to call a technician to come out anyway.
I don't get the fork idea
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

OK what model do you have? Is there a white round knob to the right of drain?

model number was in original request - G2432SC
there is no button that I can see under the cover that I removed. Next to the drain cover on the bottom surface of the unit (left)is a 3" apx round thing that screws off but it appears to me to be the jet dry dispenser . there is a white apx 2" thing on left side wall of the unit but I don't see anything in the drain area under the cover - can you be more specific?
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

The knob could be on the left side also and that is when facing dishwasher. You will see a hole not a pipe but a hole inside of the drain and it is where the water drains out. The reason for the fork is to get pump working again. Don't look at this to technical will only confuse yourself

I don't see a hole or a button other than the 3" white disk in the bottom under the cover - appears to be where water drains?? but what am I supposed to do with fork?? please be more specific. Can you send me the owners manual so I can look at it and we can communicate better?
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I will send a copy.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Here is manual

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Go to page 53 and that will be the drain I was referring to.

Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Follow instructions on clearing drain and spinning propeller. Let me know if you understand illustration

I now see what you were referring to - tried to push it and remove it but does not seem to want to budge. I will try again in the a.m - is 3a.m here so I will check back in later this morning
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok I will check back with you tomorrow. When you try to remove it don't apply to much pressure it will come out just try to wiggle it a little and the propeller is behind it and is most likely reason for no drainage and blinking alarm.

where do I stick the fork to move the lever to pull that thing out
Appliance Technician: bruce peterson,
 replied 2 years ago

You remove the piece in pic with your hands then you use your fingers to move propeller and if you can't reach with fingers then you use fork to move it back and forth so it starts to spin. Don't jam it in just use medium force. Once you feel it move a few times then put it back together and run cycle.

can we take up where we left off last night - I need to get the intake/drain thing out from under the cover. I see where it is but can't make it budge
as you can see from the notes, the red light is blinking on the front of the unit and won't run a cycle. If I can get it out and clean it, hopefully all will be fine
when will someone contact me to finish this issue???
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I am a different tech do you still need help?

I cannot figure out how to get that drain thing out - looked at the picture and arrows in the manual and I tried pushing it right and left but I cannot get it out. Where do I stick fork? in that little sliver space on the top of the button?
I could sort of pull that thing apart just a little (apx 1/16 ") then snap it back together. I just can't figure out how to get the thing out to rinse/clean it. I did not want to force anything and break it. I just don't know what I am supposed to do exactly. Where do I use the fork?
can someone please respond? I feel like I paid money and nobody will see this through...

Watch this video

CLICK HERE

thank you - that was the best info I received in 2 emails from you vs. hours on the chat yesterday talking in vague terms. I will try that in the morning - is almost 2am here now. Will you be there?

I am going offline soon, but will be on all day tomorrow or I should say today I will be on around 10am....yes sorry for the delay I saw you were dealing with a newer tech.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

OK great - I am going to run to a bed bath and beyond to pick up a loose fork ( they sell them for cheap) then will try and let you know how it goes. what time zone are you - 10am? I am CST Chicago

Yes I am near Milwaukee

great - watch for me tomorrow am! Thanks

Yes no problem at all you should be able to get that going again with the fork method.

the inside of mine does not look like the video - they showed an incognito model and mine is an optima. I cannot seem to find the slot to put the fork into...and in the video there is a while "flap" sticking up and the slot was under that. I don't have that flap. and if I run my finger all around it seems to be solid plastic- - I cannot find a slot for the fork

On the Optima, you have to get under that hood piece with the tool to turn it here is the factory tool to do it

CLICK HERE

when I clicked on your last link - nothing opened - appeared to be a UK address?

Try again

CLICK HERE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician