Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag neptune washer has been working very well. But the

Customer Question
last load I did the...
my maytag neptune washer has been working very well. But the last load I did the door will not unlock at the end of the wash cycle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

your door lock latch assembly has failed, I would need to know the model number of you neptune to help you out better, but here are a couple of videos on the door lock mechanism. If you have a green cable inside the soap dispenser on the top of your washer you have this model. You can pull the cable to unlock the door.

Here is a video that shows you how to replace this type of latch. VIDEO

It is part number 22003593

or you may have this style neptune

here is a video showing you how to take the washer apart to get to the door switch

Video

and here is a video showing how to fix the latch itself.

Video

I will be glad to help you further if you need more help and if so please give me the model number off your washer, in the meantime:

please remember we are on the honor system here, please rate my service by selecting a star

at the top of the screen as it is the only way I get credit for helping you. You can

continue asking follow-up questions at any time after rating my service. Thank You.

the maytag neptune washers model number is ***** 8700 AWW JoannCrummey
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

To manually unlock the door on this model you will have to remove the washer top and pull the manual release tab located on the bottom of the door lock switch. Here is a link to the switch, the release tab is the round tab at the bottom of the latch as you can see in the image.

Part Number# *****

Here is a link to the service manual for your model I have uploaded it for you.

Service Manual

Follow the service manual instructions on page 5 under "will not unlock" before manually unlocking.

Also If you have not done so yet, I would try unplugging the unit for about 10 minutes and plugging it back in to see if that may reset the board.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

please take into consideration I do not get credit for answering your question unless you

give me a rating. Take this time to go ahead and rate me. It may take us time to troubleshoot

the problems you are having and you may decide that the best thing to do is call a qualified

technician to your home, but I will always do my best to avoid you having to do that. You can

get back to me at anytime as many times as needed until you are satisfied with the outcome,

even after you have rated my service. Thank You.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson