Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do i change a thermador professional oven sensor? I had

Customer Question

how do i change a thermador professional oven sensor? I had the front control section off and can see the sensor in the oven mounted on the side, but not sure how the line goes from the sensor to the control panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The sensor runs from the control panel, under the cooktop, down the back behind the oven, and then comes through a hole in the back of the oven. You'll need to remove the control panel and the back sheet metal panel so you can push the thermostat out the back, then pull it up through the front of the oven under the cooktop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sensor line in this thermador professional series doesn't go thru the back. I have a picture. It goes up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the model number, there are many professional series. But if it goes up then that's the same. You can still go through the back, or you may need to go through the top under the cooktop. Removing the top requires specialty burner tools if it's a sealed gas burner top however because there is a center nut going down each burner base which is size 20mm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes into a side panel right of the the burner section, but it is a concealed space. That's what I want to know is how to take the line out of that concealed space - there is also a wire bundle going thru there.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ah, no need to worry about removing it really, You can cut it on both sides of this channel and just remove the back side and remove the other side. It'll be bundled in with the wires so it won't just remove. But you can just cut it out and then slide the new one through the channel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This unit is about 15 years old. A thermador service technician came out to look at it. He said that part is discontinued. That the new units are all solid state and that the new parts will not fit with this unit. But he said the parts can be taken to an electronics shop to be repaired - basically the only way to get this unit running. So I can destroy any of the parts. So I have to get them out and taken to a shop.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes unfortunately on that old Thermador unit they just do not make that anymore, the tech that came out was correct you would have to have it repaired at an electronics shop to get it working again..sorry for the news.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understand what you wrote, but still need know how to open that side compartment (about 1 1/2 wide) to get the sensor part and line out. There is a finished stainless steel cover on top, but can't see anyway of taking it off. So hence my original question, how do I get the sensor line out. Supposedly that top stain steel piece should come off (not sure if that true) but how - hence how do I change out that sensor line.

DO you have the complete model number off the unit?