Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a new Amana PTH153g25axxx. I installed it myself.

Customer Question
When I plugged it in...
I have a new Amana PTH153g25axxx. I installed it myself. When I plugged it in and set it on cool, it works beautifully. The unit gets cold. But, the fan doesn't blow any air. Did i do something wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

So when you plug it in you can not set the Fan on and it does not run?

I see the fan light come on. And if I select High, the light goes to high, etc. But, I don't detect any air coming out the vent.

Well this would likely be an issue with the unit, a wire may be off the control of blower motor inside the unit, probably from the factory when it was assembled. It is under warranty, but you can take it apart to check that if you want. I would or wait for warranty. I find often just a wire off causing the whole issue. This is nothing you did, these are plug and go units.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician