How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJ Your Own Question
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13279
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
RJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The drain tube on our Dm2852 refrigerator has disintegrated

Customer Question

The drain tube on our Dm2852 refrigerator has disintegrated and we will need to replace it next spring when we open up again. We can't find how to get into the back of the unit to replace the hose. Is there a panel we remove? Can we get some kind of diagram?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry if this is going to be bad news but on most Dometics the fridge needs to come out to get at the nipple the hose is going to. On some Dometics the the water drain hose comes from inside the fridge. There is a collection try below the cooling fins, the collection try drains into a receptacle that may be removed on some models, you would use a screw driver to pop out the tray with the hose on it and then replace the hose and put the tray back in. So it is going to be one of two ways. Click HERE and HERE and you should be able to tell. IF you need a crash course on getting the fridge out please let me know... Robert