Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LFX25991ST refrigerator with French drawer freezer

Customer Question

I have an LFX25991ST refrigerator with French drawer freezer and in door ice maker. I need to replace the ice maker fan. How do I remove the back cover of the freezer compartment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Watch this video to get at both fans

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The video (which I have viewed prior to my request) is not for this model number, and is not helpful.

Do you have the drawer off? The panel is just a pull off panel. There is a single screw by the fan grate and the small square cover off to the right, then the panel just pulls off...it is very easy to pull off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright; I succeeded, but it was thanks to someone else's advice, not yours. But I'll share my findings with you so you can help someone else. There are no screws in the panel in this model, and the panel does not come off easily! The important point is that the panel must be pulled off from the top side, not the bottom side. Starting at the corner with the sensor works best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to pay for your advice since it wasn't helpful, but I don't want to give you a poor rating either. How do I accomplish that?

I told you multiple times the panel just pulls off and I never said from the bottom, the video clearly shows this I sent you as well. You do not have to share anything with me that I already know, you obviously did not watch the video or read the directions as that panel in the video is the same panel on your unit.....these all come off the same. So what great advice was there, pull harder...lol take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never suggested that you said pull from the bottom. You said remove a screw, and as I recall the video shows screws to be removed. My panel has no screws. You also said it comes off easily. Probably does - after the first time.