MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Chas, My ice maker stopped dumping the ice yesterday. I

Customer Question

Hi Chas, I'm Richard. My ice maker stopped dumping the ice yesterday. I checked the tray, it had ice in it so I cycled the icemaker. The ice dumped, tray refilled and made ice again. But it still will not dump. KM 795.72063.112 side-by side Signature Elite model. Anything else I can check before replacing the entire icemaker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Replace the icemaker as it has failed as long as the ice room is below 10 degrees (ice can form warmer than that but it won't cycle unless at least that cold). Forcing it to cycle just proves that it's getting power and nothing is wrong with the water supply to it. There is nothing odd about the icemaker failing- they break all the time. IF the ice room is too warm then post back.