Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag centennial washer has water in it..help

Customer Question
my maytag centennial washer has water in it..help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/25/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If

you have been waiting a while I apologize we try to help as

many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Did it stop during a cycle or did it just fill up and stop? Is the washer getting power? could you give me the model number off the washer please.

several times it stopped in the cycle, then find wet clothes and can hear water mvwc360aw
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

are the clothes just wet like the washer did not spin them out or is there still water standing in the washer tub?

like the washer didnt spin them out -- if i try to do a simple spin portion of the cycle, it wont
i find clothes wet, and the washer wont do a spin only cycle
the washer bucket has holes so there is no real standing water, but can hear it when I move the bucket
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

when you start the wash cycle does the lid lock? If so when it stops is the lid lock light flashing?

wash cycle starts (lid locks), when it stops I dont think the lid lock is flashing.
when i start the spin only cycle, it tries to lock then doesnt
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

do you have a ohm/voltage meter? In order to find out what the problem is you are going to have to have one.

I dont, do you suggest I get one?
does this sound like something major (need to get someone to come out) or can i do this myself?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

there are several parts that could be bad that causes it not spin. In order to nail it down you really should know how to use a ohm/voltage meter. If you do not have experience with using one I would suggest calling out a qualified tech because these washers can get a tad bit tricky to diagnose, as they are computer controlled.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

but if you would like to try to figure it out yourself I would be glad to try and help you do so, but you will need an ohm meter you can pick one up at any electronics store, walmart etc;

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my

service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before

you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional

charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Will also check on warranty, bought in 2013
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Did you pay for an extended warranty?

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

If so I would definitely check on that.

no
ok anything else?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

when you put the washer on spin only do you hear a few click noises and the the lid lock light flashes and it just stops? I can tell you the most common problem that causes this and you can order the part and change it but without knowing for sure its hard to say if that will fix the problem. The shift actuator that shifts the transmission from wash to spin is fairly common to go out Part #: W10006355. It is easy to replace.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

under the bottom of the washer you will see a plastic belt cover,remove that cover and you will see the part, its brown held in by 3 green phillips head screws and will have a wire harness plugged into it.

going to try that right now...
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok good luck. let me know if you need anything else.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

here is a video that will help you out. VIDEO

thanks for the video
it is not spinning ok...so I guess the problem may be more switching from washing cycles to spin cycle....kinda confused now...
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

The shift actuator is what shifts the transmission from wash to spin mode. If it is bad it will not shift into spin.

i dont have experience with an ohm meter, but from my description - do you think it is the shift actuator? if so, how do I get that part the easiest?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Most of the time that part is the problem it is very typical for that part to be bad on that particular washer. The easiest way to get the part is gonna be ordering online. I found you one at amazon for a good price with free shipping. AMAZON.

thanks -- the video looked pretty easy -- think I will try it myself -- thanks!!!!!
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

you are welcome.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I

can do for you please rate my service using the star rating

system so I can put this on my done list if you have any questions about this in the future

you can always get back with me at no charge. thanks!

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson