Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge gas stove model #jgbp85sej3ss when I turn the

large burner on it turns...
I have a ge gas stove model #jgbp85sej3ss when I turn the large burner on it turns on then blows out and it sounds like there is air in the lines blowing it harder
10/24/2015
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Is this a new install? DO all the other burners work fine?

It is a used appliance and yes all the others burners work fine

OK if you light it manually does it just blow out on high? Also have you cleared out the orifice?

Yes when I do it manually it blows out as well and yes I have cleared out the orifice

Ok can you get at the orifice off the valve? DId anyone drill it out or mess with it as these are fixed air shutters and orifices?

Nobody used any drill all we did was change the orifices

AHHHHH ok, are you sure you got the right orifices in the right spots they are different sizes for every burner

I wasn't the one that changed them out originally I just installed it and see if it was working properly

Ok I think you have too large of one for that burner two may have been switched

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician