Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Thermador Professional oven- model PRD486JDGU. When

Customer Question

I have a Thermador Professional oven- model PRD486JDGU. When I turn the outside knob to self clean and the inside knob to clean I get a message that says "self clean not possible". Everything else is working fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have an issue with the lock circuit. Do you hear any humming or clicking sounds just prior to that message? Does that message pop up right away or after a little bit? Also, turn the breaker off for at least an hour. Any change when turned back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No humming or clicking sounds. The message comes up immediately when the knobs are turned to self clean. The unit is brand new- we have only had it for a month and this was the first time to use self- clean.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like an issue with the electronics. I would call for warranty service. It will be repaired at no charge.