Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our Bosch washing machine WFR260 UC makes loud clacking

Customer Question

Our Bosch washing machine WFR260 UC makes loud clacking noises at startup and with deceleration and acceleration during pauses. (metallic objects? loose screw? ?) Nothing was found in the pump.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

IS the noise coming from the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think so. We opened the small door at the bottom right of the washer and checked the pump. It sounds to me like a foreign object or a part might be under the drum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get this page to submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can `i possibly rate you now? It seems to be demanding that I do.

I have no idea what you are seeing on your end...is there anyway to upload a video of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now that you have replied again, I think we can go on without worrying about the web page.

Yes the site may be sending you offers and such not sure, I am just a tech.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site is constantly shoving me into a longer commitment. All I want now is the response to my question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have something either stuck in the holes of the tub or in one of the drum baffles. Using a flashlight, can you see anything in the drum holes, like a necklace or small screw, bobby pins, anything? Be sure to check the area around the rubber boot in the front, too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I feared I wouldn't hear any answer after the confusion with the first response. We will follow you suggestion before the Bosch repair person comes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the issues with the system at first. Let me know what you find.