Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a special order maytag front load 2.0 cu ft compact

Customer Question

i have a special order maytag front load 2.0 cu ft compact front load washer installed 8/25/15. For the first time, I used the bleach dispenser (making certain I was using the correct bleach). When the washer gets to the rinse cycle, it stops and there is a flashing/blinking code "R-10)". I have tried restarting the wash normal cycle but since there is water in the washer no success. I unplugged it and left it unplugged all night and when I tried starting the machine, still was faced with the same situation.
What do I need to do to get out of this quandry?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This is pump code tip the unit up against the wall and take out the pump filter in the lower right corner of the machine and check it for a blockage. There is something in the pump filter causing this issue. Remove that filter and check it. Keep the washer tipped against the wall about 45 degrees to minimize water out of the filter and I would have a shopvac ready just in case you get more water than you think out of it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!