Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a model JVM1750 Spacemaker Microwave Oven made in

Customer Question
We have a model JVM1750...
We have a model JVM1750 Spacemaker Microwave Oven made in January 2015 and installed in our home in May 2012. Problem started today where the unit "turns on" when the door is opened to place an item in the oven. We close the door and it turns off. We can then set a run time into the unit and it runs to completion. We then open the door and the unit turns on! Please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Do you have a pad that says ADD TIME ? If you do - place a glass of water in oven and set for a minute , when it quits , do not open door , but hit ADD TIME and see if runs a while and quits . Add time a couple of more times and see if it quits every time. Get back with results.

Did some further Internet research and found that the problem is caused by the electrical switch the door activates when opening/closing the door. A simple fix but requires removing the unit from the wall to remove the unit's case to get at the switch. Will contact a friend who can help with the removal of the unit.
Oh, I do not have the ADD TIME button, only an ADD 30 Sec one.

You do NOT have to remove the entire microwave - can replace door switches from the front.

I don't have a need for info regarding the problem with our microwave. Replaced it with a new one yesterday, October 29th.

OK

John, Home Appliance Technician