Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series dual fuel oven.. M #

Customer Question

hello…I have a Frigidaire Professional Series dual fuel oven..
M # *****
S # *****
The oven door will not close completely and the light will not go off, heat escapes because the door does not close completely. Please help or the Thanksgiving Turkey will be a disaster!!
Thank You, Carolyn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Typically this would happen if the door hinges are bent can you upload a photo of the door open so I can view it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Users/carolyngeer/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/10/23/20151023-181541/IMG_3840.JPG
/Users/carolyngeer/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/10/23/20151023-181601/IMG_3841.JPG
/Users/carolyngeer/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/10/23/20151023-181607/IMG_3842.JPG
/Users/carolyngeer/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/10/23/20151023-181616/IMG_3844.JPG

The image did not come through

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not right now…it is almost 7PM here in Colorado and I am fixing dinner.

ok no problem whenever you can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok not sure how to send images if they are not coming through. Do not ant to spend any more with a live chat…if this keeps up I will have double the cost for a repair man to come…..

Maybe it would be best if you contacted a repairman for this issue. I have to get going anyways and it sounds like you may not be able to get this repaired on your own.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The hinges are likely at fault. If you open the door all the way, does the door slope or does it lay flat? Also, this is no longer a timed chat, you can reply as much as necessary and for however long as it takes at no additional cost.