Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an old GE phone and answering system. I went away

Customer Question

I have an old GE phone and answering system. I went away for 5 months and the tape is full. I have tried all instructions in the info. booklet to erase the tape and nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to cut all power/batteries to the phone for 15 minutes then try it to see if you can erase it per the instructions? If it still does not erase the phone is bad for sure. Nothing else would really cause that issue on the 2347HY series.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy that I signed on for this service. I have spent the last 10 minutes trying to enter my password ***** getting disconnected. This is really frustrating. I think I am going to go out and buy a new phone. I quit!